One of the highlights of my RA experience at the Towers was hosting the Orion Food and Drink Festival. I was in the November large scale program committee and I came up with that idea after going to the Epcot Food and Wine festival. The program was a huge success with a great turnout! The Orion food and drink festival was similar to that of Epcot’s, like we had booths that represented various countries. We were supposed to have a Brazilian booth with Brigadeiros, but we didn’t have all the ingredients for it. So I decided to try and make it own my own since we never got around to making it. So here’s my brigadeiros experience:
- 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 can sweet condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Sprinkles, powdered sugar, nuts, etc.
- In a medium saucepan, over low medium heat, melt butter.
- Mix all the ingredients together and stir over low heat.
- Constantly stir until thickened for about 15-20 minutes. You’ll know when it’s ready when bubbles start to form. Constantly stir, do not stop or else sides will stick.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and let cool.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop out balls.
- Roll balls in sprinkles or powdered sugar or whatever you want!